At Ardsley Bible Chapel we desire to extend our outreach ministry beyond the local community and into nations around the world through
- Providing financial support for missionaries around the world, especially those we have commended and those with whom we have a direct connection through personal knowledge of their lives and ministries (2 Cor. 9:6-10)
- Commending members of our local body to mission work as God calls them to such work (Acts 13:1-3)
- Praying for missionaries around the world based on as specific knowledge of their opportunities, challenges, and trials as possible (1 Thess. 5:25; Jas. 5:16)
- Providing financial support for evangelical organizations that facilitate world missions, especially (but not limited to) those that explicitly seek to operate on the basis of New Testament principles as we understand them.
- Praying for our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world and providing material support for them as we learn of their needs.
In order to achieve these objectives, we will:
- Engage in regular, systematic giving to missionaries we have commended and those with whom our local body has a direct connection, as well as a range of missionaries whose lives and work are known to be in keeping with biblical standards for ministry
- Engage in periodic giving, based on specifically known need, to missionaries with such reputations, but with whom we have less direct connections.
- Engage in periodic giving to known needs of brothers and sisters in Christ around the world.
- Engage in support for missions organizations
- Regularly inform our local body about world missions to enable our body to pray more effectively and to encourage members to be involved in world missions both in direct and indirect ways; methods to be used will include
In sum, we at Ardsley Bible Chapel are committed to playing a real and significant role in the work of Christ around the world, not as an afterthought to the rest of our ministry, but as a vital part of it.